Workers Compensation Claim

If you have suffered an injury at work or have a work related injury, you are entitled to make a workers’ compensation claim or WorkCover claim. You might be worried about making a claim against your employer (and being laid off) or wondering whether it’s actually worth making a claim. That’s why it’s important to understand your rights before proceeding with a workers compensation claim. 

How can GC Law compensation lawyers help you?

GC Law Lawyers can provide you the advice you need around work injury compensation including;

  • Whether you can claim compensation for your work injury
  • Knowing whether you should accept the lump sum payment or make a different claim
  • Your workers compensation has been rejected or stopped

How do I know if I can receive compensation for my work injury?

You will most likely be able to obtain compensation for your work injury if:

  • You were injured at the workplace (even if you are working interstate or overseas)
  • Employment duties contributed to the injury occurring
  • You were travelling to or from work at the time of the accident

It doesn’t matter if you are employed as a casual, full-time or part-time worker.

Can I still make a claim if I’m a sub-contractor or self-employed?

You may be covered by WorkCover if most of your work is for one organisation or you are treated by the organisation in a similar way to an employee.

You may also be compensated for injuries you have sustained due to the fault of another person however this is covered by the Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002 and special rules do apply.

If you do find yourself in this situation, we recommend you speak to one of our workers compensation lawyers who can help you understand what rights you have when making a claim as a sub-contractor.

Where does my claim go and who pays the compensation?

Employers in Queensland are required to have insurance to compensate and rehabilitate employees after an injury at work. This is who you are making a claim against, your employer’s insurer (which is typically through WorkCover Queensland).

What compensation am I entitled to?

Your employer’s compensation insurer (WorkCover) will pay for;

  • Initial medical treatment
  • Rehabilitation
  • Lost wages

These payments should continue until you have reached a level of maximum medical improvement. This decision is made by your doctor, physio or other health professional helping you through your rehabilitation process.

When should I make a claim?

Strict time limits apply for a workplace injury which is why it’s important to get in contact with us either by phone 1300 302 318 or by our online enquiry form.

How much compensation will I get?

This is a common question and a hard one to answer because every claim is different. That’s why it’s important to know what compensation you are entitled to and seeking the right legal advice from a personal injury lawyer to help you make your claim.

How much does it cost to make a workplace injury claim?

Our firm operates on a No Win, No Fee basis which means you won’t be charged fees or outlays unless you receive compensation for your injuries.

How do I start making a claim now?

Start with some professional legal advice from GC Law lawyers on 1300 302 318 or fill out our quick advice form to the right of our home page to get your free claim review.

Live Chat